Monday, August 15, 2011

Capital Hoedown done, blogging bug remains


I just finished a week of blogging about the Capital HoeDown for the Ottawa Citizen’s Festival Goer, so now what?  Over the week Ottawa Citizen readers have blessed me with well over 2,000 visits to my posts and the feedback I have received through social media has been incredible.  I’ve been blogging on and off for a few years but could never get a solid readership going.  Maybe it was just the wrong topic or maybe it was the fact that this time my blog was featured on the Ottawa Citizen’s webpage which gets way more traffic than anything I’ve ever written about.  This latest stint for the Citizen proves that there is an interest in what I have to say and I just have to keep trying to give my blog exposure through every method possible.

So I’ve decided to go back to my original blog and start writing about whatever comes to mind at that particular moment.  I’ve considered talking to the Citizen about possibly continuing on as a blogger with them but the difficult thing about that is what to write about.  I have knowledge on social media, technology, obviously a love for live music and entertainment but you can’t put that all into one blog, or can you?  I will have to see what the Citizen says.  I’m not doing this for money; if that was the case I would have continued down the road to journalism which I did a u-turn on almost 20 years ago now.  I write because I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others and love to hear other people’s opinions on similar topics.  Sometimes I write to educate or to tell a story about an experience or to give advice and sometimes to just brighten someone’s day.  That’s why I called my blog Hendrik’s Rambles, because it’s not about just one topic.  

So there you have it.  I’m going to continue writing and putting it out there and hope that people will read and share my thoughts with others.  Time will tell if anything more will come of it. 

1 comment:

  1. if you can, you should absolutely do it for money! LOL. Great job. Congrats and good luck. you should be very proud (i am)

    ReplyDelete