Thursday, March 19, 2009

American Idol Week 2 - Wrap Up

So today, with much regret, we say goodbye to sweet (ok well not so sweet, but we liked her anyway) Alexis Grace.

Last night's show proved to me why the new "judges save" doesn't work, or won't work, and here's why.

So last night we get our first hint that the save might be used. Ryan announces that America has decided to save Michael Sarver sending poor Alexis packing, he stands her in front of the four judges only to have Simon tell her that she was being considered for the save. I'm thinking ok cool so next week America can get it right and vote of two people, I can live with that. But no...instead they make the poor kid, yes I know she is 21 but to me that's a kid, sing for it. Does anyone even expect that this performance is going to be any better than the original that pretty much got her voted off? Well it wasn't. If anything it was much worse. After the song was done Simon broke the news that they weren't going to use the save based on that performance because it just wasn't good enough....come on judges...lets be serious here....why not base it on all of Alexis' performances and not just this one week. Remember when you used to like this girl?

Oh well I guess that's democracy in action...all last night did was reinforce my thoughts that this new save is utterly ridiculous and a total waste of time. The show is called American Idol not American Idol, unless the judges disagree.

But those are just my thoughts. Next week is Motown week so I expect Lil and Allison to do very well. As of right now my top 3 are Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta and Matt Giraud lets see if that changes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment