Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol - Finale

After weeks / months of speculation the American Idol victor was crowned after one of the best finale episodes I have ever seen.

For two hours I was glued to the TV watching this star studded event which included guest performances by many of today's (and yesterday's rock, pop, country and r&b gods). Some of the key performances were KISS with Adam Lambert, Kris Allen with Keith Urban, the top 13 with Queen. Other guest performances were, last year's Idol winner, David Cook, Queen Latifah, Lionel Ritchie and Rod Stewart. In short it was one heck of a night. Almost all of the top 13 were able to share the stage with a superstar at some point of the evening.

In the end the night came down to the big announcement. Who will win American Idol 8? Well after a record breaking vote of just under 100 million votes the American Idol for 2009 is.................


Kris Allen

You could literally hear the jaws dropping across the Kodak Theater in LA when Ryan spoke the words. Even I, who had picked Kris to win since MJ Week, was a little bit surprised that it actually happened.

So what happens now? Well according to Kris he's going to Disney. After that it's time to get to work on arranging his first single, which he performed a bit better at last nights show, and getting the recording started on his debut album.

As for Adam Lambert. No doubt the offers will start coming in for him from labels and such. Already today not quite 24 hours after the show aired word started to circulate that Queen, who is suddenly without a lead singer, has shown interest in Adam. In my opinion a move like this would be a great choice for Adam. Now is Queen the best fit? Maybe, but then again maybe not. Adam should be wanting to start his career so fronting a band like Queen or Led Zeppelin might be something for him to consider. Adam is a rocker, without a doubt and I have no doubt he will be successful. Many say he will be bigger than Kris, it's possible, but one can never tell. People who never watched Idol in their lives will buy albums from both Adam and Kris. Idol season 8 was not the greatest in cast, again in my opinion, but the top 8 at least made for one heck of a show. The coming year(s) should be interesting.

Congratulations to Kris Allen and Adam Lambert for their parts in making American Idol Season 8 worth watching.

To all of my readers, thank you for following over the last few months. I hope you continue to join me in my rambles. You never know what you might find in this blog.

To the rest of you who will not return...enjoy your summer and I hope you will be back in January 2010 as we start again with Idol Season 9.

1 comment:

  1. I was as surprised when the winner was announced. As much I'd prefer Kris to win, I thought Adam would get the crown eventually based on the wider range he has and various stage presentations. Kris is still by far, to me, one of the most genius artists and his creativity wins my favour next to Danny.

    Wish both Kris and Adam, and rest of the gang a great success in respective lives. It's a good episode in general. And very glad to see David Cook once again. Both him and Daughtry's songs are still my most-played records nowadays. ^^

    @wchingya
    Social media/Blogging

    ReplyDelete