Thursday, April 9, 2009

American Idol Week 5 - Wrap Up

Another week of Idol in the history books another horrible lip-synched performance by the Idols at the start of the show. I don't know what the point is to the group performance anymore....it doesn't really show their talent and week after week it gets harder to watch.

The Ford music video is pointless but I can understand that Ford is a major sponsor of the show so this can stay, gotta keep the cash flow going.

Great performance by Flo Rider, nice to see a an artist actually performing live and not pretending to be live when it is actually pre-tapped. Although I'm not a huge fan of their butchery of Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive I must say I'm a fan of some of the other Flo Rider tunes. The performance with the stripper like dancers was a bit over the top and a bit to spicy for a family show but all in all it was good.

Idol Alum Kellie Pickler also performed her latest song. Peformance was ok, a bit pitchy in parts but great stage presence you can tell that she really enjoys performing.

So on to the most important part of the night....the elmination.

Bottom three my pick: In my last post I picked Danny G. , Lil Rounds and Scott MacIntyre
Actual bottom three: The actual bottom 3: Anoop Desai, Lil Rounds and Scott MacIntyre

Lil Rounds was sent back to the rest of the group leaving Anoop and Scott in the bottom two.

I picked Scott as the contestant most likely to be sent home this week, I have yet to correctly pick. But this week the tables turned and I was right.

Scott was given one last chance to perform for the judges to try for the save. This time he performed without the guitar and to be honest I thought it was better than the first performance. It appeared as though the judges were also somewhat swayed by his performance, Seacrest kept having to tell the judges that they were running out of time and that they needed to decide.

In the end Simon delivered the verdict and it was a no. The reasoning wasn't that they didn't want to save Scott it was just that there were other's still in the competition that were better that might need the save in the next few weeks.

So that's it. Looks like next week's theme is Songs from the Movies so that should be interesting as our Top 7 take on hits from the silver screen. I can just imagine Lil doing Celine's smash hit from Titanic, "My Heart Will Go On", now...my advice to Lil: DON'T DO IT!!!!

Maybe I'll have to write a blog of my song choices for the 7 that are left before Tuesday...we'll have to see how busy the next few days are with Easter upon us.

Happy Easter everyone. I'd love to hear your comments anytime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment