Wednesday, April 22, 2009

American Idol Week 7 - Disco

So here we are week 7 and we are down to the top 6....wait the top 7 still. As you will recall the judges decided to waste their save last week on Matt G. The question remains was it a waste? Well this week's theme was Disco music...I hope I wasn't the only one have preemptive nightmares about this week's performances.

So this week we start off with Lil Rounds someone who is desperate to get out of the bottom two and get back into this competition, especially this week because the bottom two will be going home. Lil kicks things off in a one piece skin-tight black body suit (sorry had to give you the visual) performing, for once a song that is good for her, "I'm Every Woman"



Sadley, for I don't think it was in the cards for Lil this week as her performance missed the mark, again. I have to agree with Simon when I say that I don't believe Lil will return for next week.

Next up was the most underrated contestant this year, Kris Allen, with his take on "She Works Hard for her Money".



Once again I believe that Kris hit a homerun with his rendition of this classic tune. Still don't think he is getting the recognition he deserves but we'll see. Well done!!! Definitely a possibility for the top 3.

Oki Gokey (Danny Gokey) was up next with "September" by Earth Wind and Fire.



Ok it's official Danny has now dropped out of my top 3. I'm getting tired of his blah blah style...I'm sorry it just doesn't excite me anymore, there are no surprises from Danny. He needs to really wow us in the coming weeks if he wants to stand a chance at making the finals.

Allison Iraheta, likely the strongest vocal contestant this season, was up next with "Hot Stuff".



Without surprise Allison, once again blew the roof off the Idol stage with her performance. Anyone who doesn't have Allison in their top 3 must be tone deaf. This girl knows how to rock and proves it week after week.

AMA round out the final three performers of the evening and no I don't mean the American Music Awards I mean Adam, Matt and Anoop.

Adam "Scream Queen" Lambert kicked off the final three with yet another low key classy performance of "If I Can't Have You", which by the way seems to bring Paula to tears. Oh and don't worry Adam fans he still manages to find a place to insert his trademark scream or squeel.



What is left to say about Adam? Would I buy his album? Not likely. Would I see him on tour? Maybe. Is he a better fit for Broadway? Definately!! Is he overhyped by the judges and the media? 100% absolutely yes. Will he win the title of American Idol this season? Probably

Next up is Matt "I was saved" Giraud, saved last week and in a fight for his place on the Idol stage tonight. Will his take on "Staying Alive" be enough to keep him around for another week?



In my opinion the performance was better than last week, but that is of no surprise because Matt's entire time on Idol has followed that pattern. One week he's great the next well... So is it enough to save him? At this stage in the show I would have to say no. Anoop would have to have a really poor performance to put Matt out of the bottom 2.

So without further ado Anoop Desai performing "Dim All the Lights". Anoop holds the cards this week a good performance will send Matt home, a poor performance could very well end his time on Idol. After several weeks of solid performances, check out the video:



I think even Anoop knew after that performance that it would take a miracle to save him this week. I don't know if the judges going on and on about how great of a singer is will be enough to save him this week.

So my prediction is as follows:

The bottom three this week will be Matt, Anoop and Lil
Going home will be Lil and Anoop.

Enjoy the show...I hear that last year's runner up will be performing (well they will be airing his previously recorded performance)

No comments:

Post a Comment